Hunter Renewal is a project to bring people, businesses, and organisations of the Hunter Valley together to envision a diverse, resilient, and thriving future for our region.
We want to re-imagine the Hunter with new opportunities and a diversified and resilient economy that’s ready for a changing future.
We want a plan for the Hunter that will:
- Nurture and grow new industries and new jobs.
- Protect and advance our traditional sustainable industries.
- Provide new opportunity and skills for young people in the region.
- Make sure workers in the coal industry are given the opportunities they need to re-skill and transition to quality new jobs when coal mines and power stations wind down.
- Rehabilitate our landscapes to provide clean water and productive country for generations to come.
Watch our video about the urgent need to develop a plan for the future beyond coal in the Hunter Valley.
ROADMAP FOR RENEWAL
The Hunter region can prosper regardless of declines in the coal industry, but the region needs support and investment to diversify before coal declines. We've developed a Roadmap for Renewal which includes government funding for new industries, support for affected workers, and a community-driven plan for diversifying the region. Read more here and add your endorsement...
Want to get involved? Sign up for updates here on our website, or get in touch:
- Dan Coleman