Hunter Renewal is a project to bring people, businesses, and organisations of the Hunter Valley together to envision a diverse, resilient, and thriving future for our region.
We want to reimagine the Hunter with new opportunities and a diversified and resilient economy that’s ready for a changing future.
We want to develop a plan that will:
- Nurture and grow new industries and new jobs.
- Protect and advance our traditional sustainable industries.
- Provide new opportunity and skills for young people in the region.
- Make sure workers in the coal industry are given the opportunities they need to reskill and transition to quality new jobs when coal mines and power stations wind down.
- Rehabilitate our landscapes to provide clean water and productive country for generations to come.
We’ve hosted public dinners in Singleton and Muswellbrook to begin building a community vision for Hunter Renewal, and we’ll be holding further events in the future, including a public summit in February 2019.
Want to get involved? Sign up for updates here on our website (over there on the right), or get in touch:
- Dan Coleman
Hunter Renewal is a project of the Hunter Central Rivers Alliance of 40 community groups across the greater Hunter region.