The Hunter Renewal Summit will bring together people, organisations and businesses from across the Hunter Valley to create a vision for the future of our region, to re-imagine a diverse Hunter that is ready for a changing future.
A full-day program will include presentations, panel discussions and breakout workshop sessions led by the people of the Hunter Valley talking through how we can:
- Protect and advance traditional sustainable industries.
- Nurture and grow new industries and new jobs.
- Provide new opportunity and skills for young people in the region.
- Provide opportunities for workers in the coal industry to re-skill and transition to new jobs.
- Rehabilitate our landscapes to provide clean water and productive land for generations to come.
These conversations are not new, but Hunter Renewal is giving the community the chance to take part, and connect people at all levels across the region to build momentum to grab new opportunities together. Through the generous support of Port of Newcastle we are able to provide free access to the summit for 120 participants.
The Summit will produce a vision and recommendations for action to take that vision forward. It is our hope that groups and sectors represented at the Summit will continue to take an active role in taking the vision forward after the event wraps up.